Monday, June 1, 2015

Blog Post #3 How Can You Provide Meaningful Feedback to Your Peers?




Source: http://thebeatofthedrum.org/812/op-ed/peer-editing-done-right/




What is Peer Editing explains the three components of peer editing. These three components are complimenting, suggestions, and corrections. Personally, I have always been a little hesitant to comment on corrections because I’m afraid my peers will take it the wrong way, especially if I comment on multiple needed corrections.  Over time I have gotten a lot better with peer reviews and spend a fair amount of time doing so. The most important points when doing peer editing is staying positive and being specific. As peers, we want to help each other better our writing. 

Peer Editing with Perfection Tutorial led viewers through examples of ways to positively peer edit. When making suggestions, they have to be clear and positive. The tutorial helped me think of ways to make suggestions and corrections while being kind about it. I hope I will become an effective peer editor and better my writing in the process. 

Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes was a humorous video that showed the does and don’ts when peer reviewing. The video showed different situations that we can encounter and shows us how not to act. The students’ role playing helped me understand and come up with creative ways to deal with peers in different situations.

3 comments:

  1. I am a bit timid to peer edit as well. So I can understand where you are coming from. The last paragraph correct does to do's. i enjoyed the children in the video as well. They were so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...a little hesitant to comment on corrections …" I think you mean provide corrections or correct another person's work rather than "comment on corrections."

    Thoughtful. Thorough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought the last video was funny! Peer interaction is key in peer editing! Good job!

    ReplyDelete